For nearly 30 years, The Dalles Sister Cities Association (TDSCA) has been promoting intercultural awareness and friendship between Miyoshi City, Japan and The Dalles.
Our mission is to build and sustain cross-cultural connections and mutual understanding with our sister cities and the larger global community. We accomplish this through education, exchanges, cultural events, partnerships and activities. Read more.
Sat. August 11, 2018 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Wahtonka Community School Cafeteria:
Our 1st Annual Rummage Sale! It will be a “Best Offer” type of event so no reasonable offer will be denied. Come out and support our Sister Cities exchange program!
There are a lot of ways to participate!
- Attend a meeting: We meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm in the basement of United Church of Christ, located at 111 E 5th St. in The Dalles.
- Become a host family! Typically this is a one-week commitment in the Fall.
- Travel to Japan as a member of a delegation.
- Help with fundraising or event planning in The Dalles.
- Make a donation: all funds, including membership dues, go directly toward the TDSCA program, supporting youth exchanges and cultural events.
Read more about becoming a member and sign up today!
We wish to recognize our sponsors for the 2018 Student delegation to Miyoshi City!
Margaret Brewer, Sunshine Mill Artisan Plaza and Winery, Montira’s Thai Cuisine, Amanda Watson, Beachwood Eatery, Color Me Krazy, Country Cottage, Baldwin Saloon, Lilo’s Hawaiian BBQ – The Dalles, Julie VanMatre, Starbucks, The Dalles Maurices, Spooky’s Pizza and Sandwiches, Westwind Frame & Gallery, Northern Wasco County PUD, The Dalles Disposal, Fred Meyer, The Dalles Fitness & Court Club, Discovery Rental, Hattenhauer Distributing, Cornerstone Auto Repair, Columbia Cinema (Movies in The Dalles Oregon), Angela Miller Photography, Casa El Mirador, Oregon Trail Games, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center, Kelly Family, Griffith Toyota, Leah Ferguson, Gary Terry, Beth Chrisman, Nichols Art Glass, Sandoz Farm, 15 Mile Winery, NW Alpine, Lia Davis, Helen Elsmore, and Corliss Marsh. I’m sure we have forgotten someone but know that you are not forgotten and we appreciate your support and dedication to our Sister City!
Thank you so much for the support!