For 30 years, The Dalles Sister Cities Association (TDSCA) has been promoting intercultural awareness and friendship between Miyoshi City, Japan and The Dalles.
Our mission is to build and sustain cross-cultural connections and mutual understanding with our sister cities and the larger global community. We accomplish this through education, exchanges, cultural events, partnerships and activities. Read more
There are a lot of ways to participate!
- Become a volunteer! There are lots of ways to get involved and be of service. Contact us if you are interested in joining our team of awesome volunteers!
- Attend a meeting: We meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm in the basement of St. Peter’s Catholic Church, located at 1222 W 10th St. in The Dalles.
- Become a host family! Typically this is a one-week commitment in the Fall.
- Travel to Japan as a member of a delegation.
- Help with fundraising or event planning in The Dalles.
- Make a donation: all funds, including membership dues, go directly toward the TDSCA program, supporting youth exchanges and cultural events.
Read more about becoming a member and sign up today!
We wish to recognize our 2018 sponsors, donors and volunteers. Thank you for your support!
Griffith Toyota, Sekora Consulting, LLC., Sunshine Mill Artisan Plaza and Winery, Montira’s Thai Cuisine, Beachwood Eatery, Color Me Krazy, Country Cottage, Baldwin Saloon, Lilo’s Hawaiian BBQ, The Dalles Chamber of Commerce, Starbucks, Maurices, Safeway, Spooky’s Pizza and Sandwiches, Westwind Frame & Gallery, Northern Wasco County PUD, The Dalles Disposal, Fred Meyer, The Dalles Fitness & Court Club, Discovery Rental, Hattenhauer Distributing, Cornerstone Auto Repair, Columbia Cinema (Movies in The Dalles Oregon), Angela Miller Photography, Casa El Mirador, Oregon Trail Games, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center, Nichols Art Glass, Sandoz Farm, 15 Mile Winery, and NW Alpine.
Julie VanMatre, Amanda Watson, Lia Davis, Helen Elsmore, Leah Ferguson, Gary Terry, Beth Chrisman, Pete Recksiek, Kelly Family, Linda Miller, Amber Tilton, Norm Martin, Margaret Brewer and Corliss Marsh. I’m sure we have forgotten someone but know that you are not forgotten and we appreciate your support and dedication to our Sister City!
Thank you so much for the support!